What do you want in a baby monitor?
In years past, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You put a microphone-type device in close contact to the sleeping area, transmitting sound to a connected gadget that resembles a walkie talkie. Thankfully, baby monitors now provide additional benefits. To illustrate, some monitors now have clear HD video capability and 2-way communication. You can even link many monitors to your home’s wireless signal so you may roam wherever you want. The leading baby monitors are so advanced that they resemble interior surveillance systems in both features and expense.
Should you switch the baby monitor with an integrated surveillance system?
Knowing that baby monitors and home defense cameras incorporate similar capabilities, there are quite a few parents connecting their baby's room to their home security system. It’s a smart approach -- particularly if you’re upgrading to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Night vision video: Your surveillance system should have at least 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared functionality for night vision.
● Two-way talk: You won’t always have to go inside the bedroom to quiet your child back to a gentle slumber. A comforting word may be the only requirement to keep them asleep.
● Motion activation: While you can have your surveillance system continuously carefully watch your newborn, your attentiveness might begin to waver. But if your security camera notices anything unusual, you can configure it to deliver a text alert to your mobile device. You will appreciate this when your adventurous newborn soundlessly scales out of the crib or if your curious cat sneaks into the room.
● Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors aren’t able to save video footage. You can now transmit a brief sample to friends or family members to allow them a glimpse of what a peaceful, precious baby you have.
● Smartphone access: Instead of carrying an external monitor with you, you are now able to watch from your home security app. You can even say hello to your young one and babysitter if you’re able to get an evening away.