In the olden days, your security system components were restricted to where a wire could be connected. You didn’t have the option of putting a and indoor camera on a desk or governing your components with a cell phone. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You presently have a range of added advantages to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker system set ups. Wireless home security systems in will protect your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider When Switching To Wireless
Arguably the most important element of wireless home security can be summarized in the following words - internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a quality wireless router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about power or internet outages, look for systems that have cellular and battery backups available to sustain the link to your monitoring team at all times.
If you reside in a more rural area without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will likely be a better choice. Or It could also be to your advantage from a financial standpoint to choose the traditional route if you move into a residence that has security wiring already in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in will boost your family’s protection, which is the primary purpose to begin with. But, if you prefer the idea of having the latest technology, consider the benefits of wireless:
- Access from any location: Get access to all the components in your home from your lighting to your surveillance cameras right from the palm of your hand with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view footage from cameras, switch on your lights, and even turn on your alarm if you didn’t remember to do so. Whenever an emergency does occur, you may have alerts delivered directly to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installs. The great thing about wireless components is that you may install them just about anywhere and in less time. If you wish to update at a later time with other equipment, incorporating devices into your configuration is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices possible with speedy, bi-directional communications. You can set your system to take action in certain situations to enhance your protection and discourage intrusions. For example, if your exterior camera discovers suspicious activity along your home’s perimeter, it may instantly direct your entryway lights to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in have proven to be reliable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about using one. Let’s take a look at some of the most prevalent concerns:
- Battery-run wireless elements might stop working if the battery is depleted. However, your smart devices will notify you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors usually should be positioned within a set distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to enhance your flexibility.
- Like any computer network, the fear of being hacked exists. You can do things to minimize the chance of this happening by creating hard-to-crack passwords, never using default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only install security elements with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Are you ready to take advantage of wireless home security? Contact us at 833-319-7449 to talk to the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will help you design the perfect package for your home.